Update Version: June 2022
Confidentiality of Student Data.
iTutor shall maintain the confidentiality of all student records and student data in accordance with all applicable laws, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
Compliance With Laws.
iTutor and the Customer shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws when fulfilling the terms of this Agreement. The Customer shall obtain all consents as required by applicable law.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of the Customer if required by another signed agreement, otherwise the laws of the State of New York will control.
All Agreements, along with all accompanying documents, contains the entire and exclusive understanding of the parties and supersedes all oral agreements and prior negotiations.
If any provision contained in this Agreement shall for any reason be held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, legality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement, but this Agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision had never been contained herein.
Modifications Must be in Writing.
All Agreements may not be changed, modified, waived, or amended, except by written instrument, signed by and agreed upon by the persons to be charged with the change.
Any disputes arising from or related to this contract shall be resolved in a court of competent jurisdiction in New York. The parties agree to waive their right to a trial by jury regarding any such disputes.
- Cancellation Policy:
- iTutor requires a minimum of three (3) hours of advanced notice to cancel a class.
- If iTutor.com is not provided three (3) hours advance notice for a cancellation the iTutor educator will leave a mini lesson that is half the length of the scheduled class and You will be billed for the entire duration.
- Students are not allowed to cancel classes on their own.
- Students can access the video recording of their sessions through their iTutor account.
- All agreements/contracts are non-cancellable.
- Utilization Policy:
- Hours shall be considered consumed when a class is scheduled, and no cancellations are submitted.
- All scheduled sessions will be billed (utilized) to the next 30 minute mark. (ie. 45 minute classes will be consumed as 1 hour of service)
- Expiration Policy:
- Hours shall be consumed during the subscription period outlined in your order form. Unused hours will be lost.
- Overage Policy:
- Overdrafted hours, or hours and services utilized beyond what was initially purchased shall be billed at the existing contract rate. Payment for overdrafted hours shall be due Net15 from invoice date.
- Changes to Existing Schedules Policy:
- Should be limited to no more than once per month to ensure that the highest level of education and continuity of services is provided.
- Changes can be accommodated on a case by case basis with at least five business days advance notice (e.g. adding students, adding subjects, etc).
- Students With Disabilities Policy:
- In the event that sessions include Students With Disabilities, that were not previously charged for, iTutor reserves the right to charge an additional fee per student, per session.
- Content Policy:
- In the event that content is not provided by the district and iTutor Educators need to provide the content, iTutor reserves the right to charge an additional fee per student, per session.
- Accuplacer, Assessments (Pre and Post Testing), Advanced, Advanced Placement, College Level, IB Policy:
- If accuplacer, additional testing (Pre and Post), or advanced instruction is required, iTutor reserves the right to charge an additional fee per student, per session.
- Additional Reporting Policy:
- If reporting is provided beyond attendance and usage for sessions, iTutor reserves the right to charge an additional fee per student, per session.
- Co-Teaching & Educator Prep Time Policy:
- iTutor reserves the right to charge an additional fee per student, per session.
- Interpreters and/or Bilingual Educators Policy:
- Additional resource for non-English speaking students. If included, iTutor reserves the right to charge an additional fee per student, per session.
- Small Group Additional Student Policy:
- Incremental add-on for students above the session size threshold. If included, iTutor reserves the right to charge an additional fee per student, per session.
- Restaffing Policy:
- Customer agrees they will pay another full staffing fee if they request a role be restaffed.