Full-Time Virtual Teaching
YOUR classroom. YOUR students. YOUR next career move.
Do What You Love Most
“I was a 20-year career educator working in administration before moving internationally. My mother is 75 years old, and she's moved here with me. I have built this wonderful relationship with my mother while securing a full-time at-home position. I can turn on the computer and 100% show up for my students, my faculty colleagues, and my school from anywhere, but then be able to log off and build a career that suits me and my needs.”
“Because of iTutor, I get to be placed in schools who need me. There are still some challenges, but the difference here is I don't have to do bus duty in the morning, hall duty, or lunch duty, no one is grabbing me during my planning breaks I can focus my full energy on my students. I am not as exhausted at the end of the day as I am in the traditional brick-and-mortar setting.”
“One part of this experience that is great for me is that even though I am working full-time, I can also work part-time. When my school was done at 1:30 pm, I took on additional assignments with iTutor. I worked long days, but it was my choice. I'm a retired teacher, and I'm making this much money. I feel like is this a dream? Nope, this is real! Wow.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What requirements must I have to be eligible for full-time opportunities with school districts looking for full-time virtual teachers?
- An active, state-issued teaching certification.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in the United States.
- A well-working laptop or desktop computer, webcam, and headset, as well as reliable internet access.
- Once we receive your initial application, the iTutor Team will send Demo Lesson Instructions for your review.
- Next, you’ll complete an internet speed test and submit a 10-minute demo lesson.
- The iTutor Team will review your demo lesson and email results within two business days.
- Once approved, you’ll receive your new educator paperwork to create your iTutor account.
- Lastly, you’ll complete your iTutor Educator Orientation on Clerisy, our no-cost PD platform.
- Once you are an active iTutor Educator, you will be eligible to receive full-time placement opportunities in schools nationwide. Click here to learn more about the process of being selected by a school.
- Creating systems for communication with student families, including but not limited to open school night events and parent-teacher conferences.
- Attending staff meetings, department meetings, and professional developments as requested by a school administrator.
- Of course! You will have a traditional teaching day with lunch and planning time built into your schedule – just from the comfort of home.
- You will be paired with a teacher’s aide who will be physically present in the classroom alongside your students. This co-teacher will assist you with making the classroom copies, overseeing behaviors, prepping your classroom structure to best support your lesson activities, and so much more. You and your co-teacher will frequently communicate throughout the day to best support students.
- No, you will be working as an independent contractor with iTutor during this assignment. To learn more about being a 1099 contractor, please review the U.S. IRS definition of an independent contractor. iTutor’s Educator Portal will include information from a tax expert with tips on preparing for tax season as an independent contractor.
- Educators who are working as full-time virtual teachers with iTutor receive compensation every two weeks. The weekly amount remains consistent throughout the tenure of the assignment, including days the school may be closed due to inclement weather and holidays. Compensation for teacher time-off or sick days is at the discretion of the school and will be decided between the teacher and the school administrator.